Royal Enfield motorcycles for sale in the U.S.

This page lists Royal Enfield motorcycles for sale in the United States. I have no connection to the sellers and can not vouch for them. Click on links under the photos to reach the sellers. For me, email David@RoyalEnfields.com.

Royal Enfield turns man into mechanic

Part Three
Josh Moore of Kansas knew he was in for a challenge when he bought a Royal Enfield Military. For one, he confesses he has always been careless about maintaining his cars. He was going to have to learn to take care of the Enfield. He writes:
"Thus far, it has been one of the greatest decisions I've ever made. The bike was brand new, but even so, had a few problems when I got it delivered to me. The headlight was already burnt out. Two fuses were blown. I ended up tinkering with the bike, and basically taught myself how to change out these parts on my own.

"For me, this was a HUGE accomplishment, and signaled the dawn of a new era in my life: gone were the days of not knowing or caring a thing about the mechanics of a vehicle; gone were the days of the constant neglect and lack of appreciation for the machinery underneath me; gone were the days when I would rely on someone I knew, or a mechanic, to take care of even the most routine and minor issues.
"The phrase that I'd heard repeated ad nauseam on Enfield forums across the Internet, 'Enfields turn men into mechanics,' was becoming a reality for me.
"It has been about two months now that I've owned my Bullet. I've replaced the headlight twice, and have replaced four blown fuses. I'm almost positive that I have a regulator putting out too much energy, and a loose wire or two slapping against the frame. My dealer is sending me a new regulator for the bike, which will arrive in about a week. Further, I have just put about 500 miles on the bike, and it's time for my first service and maintenance.
"I've decided, for better or worse, I'm going to attempt to do all of this on my own. I'm a fairly intelligent guy, and can usually trace the source of a problem from Point A to Point B. I think with the guidance of a well-informed and enthusiastic Enfield community and the right tools, I can get the first service accomplished on my own.
"As far as riding the Bullet, it has been nothing short of fun, fun, FUN! I absolutely love it. I've been very meticulous about the break-in period, but have thoroughly enjoyed riding the bike slowly through gorgeous back roads here in the heart of farm country in southern Kansas. Every time I ride, heads turn, thumbs point up in the air, and hand waves abound."
Next: Riding with Josh Moore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments on this blog are welcome. Keep in mind that I have no connection to the sellers and can not contact them for you.

Please patronize our advertisers